Bowman Heat Exchanger For Solar Panels
Bowman swimming pool heat exchangers are manufactured in the UK to a very high standard and have been supplying the pool industry with their Heat Exchangers for many years. They are continually developing new models and now have many more options:
- Uses - The traditional Bowman Heat Exchanger was made for use with Boilers, These however there are suitable for use with Solar or Heat Pumps. The design of these units allows for the reduced water temperature from solar heating compared with the hotter temperatures from traditional boilers.
- Material - Traditionally Bowman were known for producing Heat Exchangers in corrosion resistant Cupro Nickel, however now they have developed these in other materials such as stainless steel and the most durable option, Titanium (this model comes with a 10 year anti-corrosion guarantee).
- Connections - The Bowman Heat exchangers used to require a seperate purchase of Composite Unions to fit the pipework , however now almost all models come complete with easy to install imperial solvent weld adaptors allowing easy installation into pipework. NB: this applies to any model up to "5114-5" and excluding the small model "4111-2".
- Bronze End Covers - to ensure they are suitable for use with chlorine water, seawater or therapeutic and spa pools (excluding the stainless steel model).
- Mounting Our popular sizes all come with mounting brackets as standard models (models up to 500,000BTU and also excluding the 4111-2), and can all be installed horizontally or vertically.
- Maintenance - designed to be very easy to maintain as both the end covers and tube stack can be removed easily for cleaning, this is unique to Bowman.
- Thermostat / Control - Bowman Heat Exchangers are also available with a thermostat pocket which enables a thermostat probe to be fitted into the end cover. This comes as standard with popular sizes (up to 5115 models) and removes the need for the thermostat to be fitted into the pipework. The probe that fits their pocket is the Digital Thermostat.