Customer Service: [email protected]
Please read our terms and conditions of sale carefully before using 1st Direct Pools.
By proceeding with placing an order, you confirm that you are of age 18 or over.
Once you have clicked that you have read these, our terms will apply.
1st Direct Pools (hereinafter referred to as we/us/our) is completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. Should you have any suggestions or comments, please use the link on the 'Contact Us' page.
1st Direct PoolsAmbassador Business ParkWest StourGillinghamDORSETSP8 5SE
Customer Enquiries: [email protected]Email: [email protected]VAT No: 3559339210Registered in England & Wales: 33071330Registered Company Name: Ambassador Pools & Leisure Ltd.Registered Office Address: 3-5 Wessex Road, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1XB
Please note, we advertise lead times for deliveries in good faith. These can never be guaranteed.
1. Cooling-off PeriodYou have a 14 day cooling-off period. The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order. The full price paid will be refunded on receipt back into our warehouse of unused goods in the original packaging within the cooling-off period. All products must be received back unused and in a resellable condition within 14 days of cancelling. We recommend you insure items you send back to us. Should goods arrive back to us with damage, no refund will be given. It is down to the customers to cover the cost of any carriage charges.
There are products to which cooling off does not apply. This includes (but is not limited to) special orders and bespoke products. For example 1) made to measure pool covers, 2) chemicals & paint, 3) pool tiles or finishes as these are batched, 4) pool liners or any product that is subject to order from a third party, 5) perishable products, 6) any product that is a special order/not a stocked product or specially made for the customer, 7) Glass products including Bulbs & Lights (excluding glass media). Please note, cancellation of special orders after dispatch will incur a restock charge of between 10% and 30%.
Any authorised late returns outside of the cooling off period will incur a restock charge of between 10% and 30%.
Most products are dispatched for next day delivery if the order is placed by 12 noon (midday), Monday to Friday. If the product is not in stock or is a special order item, this will normally be dispatched within 28 working days from the date of order. Please note, this is dependent on the goods required and availability. We will contact you in advance to give you the expected date of delivery. If your order includes a 'spares' item which we may have to specially order in, your order may be put on hold until all products ordered have arrived with us. This will then immediately be sent out on a next day delivery service. Should any part of your order be urgent please contact us so we can try and ensure its sent out rather than waiting for the rest of your order. Additional charges may apply.
Delivery instructions should be applied to your order if for example, the item is a gift or if delivery is required before a certain date. We can instruct our couriers to leave a package somewhere safe however, this must be specified at the point of order in the 'Delivery Notes' field within the shopping cart delivery details. If you instruct us to leave your goods without a signature ie. an unattended delivery, the responsibility falls on you to ensure a safe delivery site is available. We will not be held responsible for lost or damaged items if your delivery instructions have been passed to our courier. For larger orders such as heat pumps, wooden pools, filters, glass media or pallet services, you must ensure that delivery access is adequate, and an able bodied person meets, assists and signs for the delivery. If no one is there and the goods are not signed for we cannot except any claim for damages. If you need to arrange for a delivery to be made and are unable to sign for the goods, please contact us on 0333 900 4040.
If delivery is attempted by a courier and no one is there to receive the goods, then the delivery will fail. Goods may be returned to us and additional carded charges will apply for redelivery. If you decide you no longer require the goods after a failed delivery attempt, there will be a minimum administration charge of £30.00 (to cover shipping, handling and administration) which will be deducted from any refund you receive.
2. WarrantyThe length of warranty your equipment carries depends on the product you have purchased. Most of our products carry at least a 12 month warranty. Some products such as covers, carry a pro rata warranty meaning the amount able to claim against a new cover reduces year by year (terms apply). With many of our products it is the supplier who holds the warranty. If you have any questions regarding warranty for specific products, please contact us. In the event of a product breakdown within the warranty period, you should contact us as soon as possible. Warranty forms are available to print from the website.
Many problems can be diagnosed over the telephone. On occasion, a product may require an engineers visit or may need to be returned to us or the supplier. In the event of a visit or product return being required, please complete and return the completed warranty form to us. We will then advise on the next steps of the process.
Return of item - If you believe your item has become faulty less than 6 months from the date of delivery to you, it is our responsibility to collect the item and arrange inspection to diagnose the fault. If you believe you item has become faulty after 6 months it is your responsibility to arrange the return the product to the address provided.
If you are outside of 30 days following purchase, you must allow 1st Direct Pools one opportunity to arrange a repair or replacement of any faulty goods which are covered under the warranty. 1st Direct Pools has the final say on whether an item is repaired or replaced.
Please contact 1st Direct Pools in the first instance of an issue arising. The warranty process must be followed.
Engineer Visit – As we are a distant selling company you are advised that anything ordered that you believe to be faulty must be sent back for testing however, in very exceptional circumstance we may agree, within the first 6 months, to send out and engineer. This may require a third party company/specialist engineer, who may contact you directly to arrange a suitable date & time. We will endeavour to arrange the visit in a reasonable time from the date of contact, but we have no control over third party engineers or their availability or their busy/peak times. We will inform you If there is going to be a delay.All engineers visits require a refundable payment subject to the repair being confirmed as covered under the warranty.
After 6 months it is the customers responsibility to prove the product is faulty from manufacturing and to arrange return of the item at their cost, via their own means.
Warranties for any item purchased are never transferable.
Where an engineer’s visit is arranged, prepayment for this visit will need to be made in advance. The cost of the engineers visit will depend on type of engineer required and your location. Costs vary and must be authorised by us in advance. Should you decide to authorise an engineer, we will not be liable to cover any costs incurred. Should we send an engineer out to inspect your product and its deemed to be a warrantee issue, you will be refunded for any upfront engineer’s charges paid.
Non-Warranty Issues - If your item is deemed to be faulty and not caused by a manufacturing or supply error, you will be liable for all costs incurred. This includes but is not limited to collection, inspection and labour.
A Few Examples of Common non-warranty issues are;Saltwater Pools – Salt is corrosive and will cause faults in products not manufactured for a saltwater environment. Using a non-salt safe product in a saltwater pool will void all warranty.Incorrect Water Balance - Correctly balanced water means that the pH, Calcium Hardness & Total Alkalinity and sanitizer level must be kept within recommended guidelines. It may also be defined as water that is neither scaling. Incorrect water balance will damage, almost all pool and spa equipment. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will void all warranty. For more information, see our resources page or contact our technical department.Damage due to incorrect installation - Many of our products need a qualified and registered person to install. Products such as Gas Heaters/Boilers MUST be installed by a Gas Safe registered installer in accordance with any manufacturing guidelines. Oil boilers must be installed and connected by a qualified and registered Oil Boiler engineer. Products such as Circulating Pumps & Heat Pumps must be installed by a competent pool engineer/electrician and in accordance with any enclosed guidelines. If you have any questions regarding installation of any product, please contact us.Misuse and Negligence - All our products will perform well and last if treated correctly. One of the most common instances of misuse is pump priming. A self-priming swimming pool pump needs a supply of water to prime, if water level is low or the pump induces air this will cause damage to the pump and will void any warranty, pumps run dry will not be subject to warranty.Consumable Parts - Some of our products contain consumable parts. For example pump seals/bearings, capacitors, light bulbs, lamps etc are not covered under warranty. For more information regarding consumable parts please contact our technical department.
Warranty form download
Where an item is purchased to be taken overseas (including if it is delivered directly overseas from us in the UK), the repatriation warranty requires that you return the goods to the UK yourself should an issue occur or if you request cancellation of an order. Please note some products warranties are invalidated due to use overseas. Please contact us before purchase for clarification as we are unable to cover any additional charges you may incur.
Bestway products are under warranty with Bestway, not 1st Direct Pools. All Bestway claims must be made by customers directly via the Bestway Support link provided below. Bestway do not supply us with spares or replacements and choose to deal with the end user directly to resolve any issues. Please refer to the warranty information included with your product.
Bestway warranties - Bestway Support - Home (bestwaystore.co.uk)
3. GuaranteePrices are subject to change. If a product is unavailable, we can send a product of a similar type and quality. Any colours or visuals are only a guide, many products unless you specify Colour or finish, can be changed for alternative colours/finishes. Should any of our products fail to meet your expectations, our no quibble guarantee allows you to return the goods to us (at your cost, providing they are in perfect condition, unused and in their original packaging) for exchange or refund within 14 days of purchase. Should these goods prove to be faulty, we will meet the cost of return and we will nominate the courier who will be used. Please note exceptions apply where goods are taken overseas. See 2. Warranty for further information.
While we try to ensure that all the prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Acceptance of your order and completion of the contract between you and us will take place on our dispatching the product(s) ordered to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, you have cancelled your order or it is a Special Order Item such as covers, liners, finishes etc. (please refer to the Returns & Cancellation Policy for further details).
4. PrivacyPlease review our privacy notice. We will also govern your use of our services to ensure you understand our policies.
5. Liability Policy1st Direct Pools accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or other losses, cost or damages of any kind arising out of access to, or the use of, this website or any information contained therein. We accept no costs incurred if you authorise any specialist engineers, electricians, heat pump or boiler engineers to inspect or remove any items purchased from 1st direct pools without written prior signed authorisation.
1st Direct Pools is not responsible for and has no liability with respect to any other websites that may be accessed through this site.
6. Copyright, Authors & RightsThe information on this website may not be copied, other than for domestic individuals reference purposes, with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained. Please note that some images are used for illustrative purposes only. Should you wish to clarify the illustration of a product, please contact us.
7. Making a PurchaseMaking a purchase could not be easier. Browse our store and add the items you wish to buy into the shopping cart. When you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept payment by all major credit cards including Switch/Maestro, Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept Diners Club or American Express.When you receive confirmation of an order, this is to indicate that we have received your order, it does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in cases where a mistake has been made in pricing, where we have inadvertently under priced goods, or if we are no longer able to supply a product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the new price is acceptable. If not, the order will be cancelled and any money returned within 3 working days.
8. Shipping & HandlingUK Mainland - Next working dayOrders under £60.00 (inc VAT) Delivery is £6.99Orders of £60.00 and over (inc VAT) Delivery is FREE
Exceptions apply, See below:
Most Products if ordered by midday are dispatched that day (Monday to Friday) and sent on a 'Next Day' delivery service.
We dispatch using a next day delivery service, however, cannot be held responsible for any delays during transit with the courier.
Please note that currently, due to the distance regulations etc, our couriers may in some circumstances take up to 4 days to deliver.
Bespoke, heavy and outsize products may take 10-15 days for delivery. Please see the individual product information for further details.
All chemicals will need to be signed for by a person age 18 years or over.
We are unable to ship any chemicals outside of mainland UK or over the water within the UK.
On occasion, a heavy product may incur an additional delivery charge. This may be included in the displayed price, alternatively, we will calculate the additional cost and inform you. Heavy goods can include coping stones, large covers, heating and dehumidification units, wooden pools, etc.
Some orders large in volume/weight may be dispatched using a pallet service. This is at our discretion and we would inform you via email on dispatch from our warehouse. Please note pallet deliveries are kerb side.
Long length items (items over 1.4m in length) have a 2-3 day delivery service.For example, if your order contains 3m lengths of pipe or a vac pole, this may slow the complete order as this item must go manually through our couriers hub.
Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight and some postcodes areas of Scotland, require additional carriage charges.Delivery is usually via APC, DHL, Royal Mail, XDP or on a Pallet. On occasion when the product is shipped directly from our suppliers, an alternate courier may be employed. If you are still interested in purchasing a product, we can arrange for the item to be delivered to a mainland address. Please note we are unable to deliver to PO Box or BFPO addresses.
If you place an order for shipping overseas, we will contact you with the additional charges that you will need to pay. When sending goods abroad special payment terms apply as we must receive cleared funds before the goods leave our warehouse. Please contact us for more details.
Please be advised should you require a 'leave safe' option for delivery, we will not be liable for any consequential loss and/or damage to your consignment.
In some circumstances you may receive part deliveries. Please allow two working days to receive the rest of the delivery.
9. Please Check Your Delivery CarefullyVery Important
It is always best to check your delivery before you sign for it, as when you sign for it on receipt it is deemed the goods were undamaged. If you are unable to check your delivery before signing for it, you must sign for your delivery as UNCHECKED, or if the package is damaged in anyway, no matter how small, please sign for it as DAMAGED. We cannot claim from our couriers for any damaged items that have not been signed for as DAMAGED and 1st Direct cannot process any claim for damaged goods. Please note all products within the packaging must be checked fully on delivery, including inside parts where accessible.
Given the recent Covid-19 distance regulations, you may not now be asked to sign for deliveries in this case you must tell the delivery driver verbally if the delivery is damaged and make sure it is noted on his electronic or written delivery note.
If you choose to accept the damaged consignment thinking the goods inside are undamaged, please carefully open the packaging and inspect. Should you decide not to accept the item please carefully close and seal the packaging and refuse the delivery, and make sure its noted as damaged. If you accept, please photograph the damaged consignment including packaging and supply this to us so we can claim against the courier within 72 hours of delivery, otherwise, we will be unable to make a claim.
If you sign for a delivery that you find at a later stage to be damaged (after 72 hours) ourselves and/or our couriers will not accept liability. In this instance you must send back the item at your cost we will inspect and quote for repair. If you choose not to repair, we will hold for 10 working days then dispose of the item. Should you wish for the item to be returned back, you will be given the cost of return and once paid, the item will be returned to you.
By completing your order, you agree to abide by these instructions, to check your delivery and sign for it accordingly as either OKAY, UNCHECKED or DAMAGED. If you have signed for your goods as DAMAGED, then you must notify us by e mail on [email protected]. Within 72 hours.
10. Missing Items or Incorrect ItemsIf you receive your order and you find there is an item that is missing or incorrect, you must notify us within 72 hours of receiving the item(s). Again, please check that all parts are there before signing the delivery note or sign as PARTS MISSING.
11. Back OrdersIf your item is not in stock, then this will be placed on back order for you. We will contact you should this timescale be more than 3 weeks, giving you the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
12. Tax ChargesFor orders made from the UK or the European Union 20% VAT is added. All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
Please note that where a product is imported directly to you as a special order item from an overseas supplier, any import duty is your responsibility and not included within the purchase price.
13. Credit Card SecurityCredit card numbers are encrypted using 128-bit encryption and they are not held in clear text on any website.
14. Reaching UsIf you need to reach us, please email us on [email protected]
Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, to store your delivery address if the address book is used and to store your delivery details if you choose the 'Remember Me' option. They are also used after you have logged in as part of that process. You can turn off cookies within your browser by going to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy and selecting to block cookies.
16. Children PolicyWe do not sell our products to children. Our products are only to be purchased by anyone age 18 or over. If you are under 18 years old and you wish to make a purchase, then you can do so with the involvement of an adult, parent or guardian by following the online instructions.
17. Cancellation PolicyThis policy does not apply to the following goods, which are exempt from the right to cancel:
Goods that are made to order (bespoke), e.g. liners, solar covers, etc. Please note there is a tolerance of 10mm each way on made to order covers and liners.Goods that are personalised, e.g. Pacelite, pool finishes, etc.
Goods which may deteriorate or perish, e.g. chemicals, paint, glue etc.Good that are batch-made, e.g. tiles/coping
Cancellation of a special order item may on occasion be possible. This would be subject to a minimum cancellation charge of 20% of the order value and would be at the discretion of 1st Direct Pools.
Due to the nature of the product, we are unable to accept returns of chemicals for health and safety reasons. We are also unable to accept return of any item containing glass (including bulbs & lights). This excludes glass filter media.
Will will not accept return of any item(s) purchased under our clearance section.
We are unable to accept return of any electrical item where it has been connected to the electrics either through direct wiring or via a plug.
We are unable to accept return of any item where water has been connected and run through it.
Any specific special order items (items not kept in stock) or made to order items.
Products that require special delivery due to weighing over 150kg, as some of these products are perishable, have short shelf lives and/or may be colour batched, e.g. paint or Pacelite.
Should you wish to cancel your order, you will need to do this within 14 working days of receiving delivery of the item(s) ordered and confirm this cancellation in writing, by either letter or email to [email protected].
If you cancel your order, you must return the goods to us at your own expense and by your own means. You must ensure that the goods are unused, in the original packing and able to be re sold.
We recommend that when returning an item, you take out suitable parcel insurance and obtain Proof of Postage.
If you cancel when the goods have been dispatched but not delivered, the delivery charge will not be subject to a refund.
This cancellation policy does not affect your statutory rights. For example, if the goods are faulty or not accurately described.
18. Returning GoodsWe recommend that you obtain appropriate insurance for all goods you intend to return, to cover any damage during their transit, and that you obtain a Proof of Postage or collection/delivery note. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value of the goods or reject any refund. You will need to pay for the goods to be sent back, or you can collect. After 4 weeks from receipt of goods, these goods will be disposed of.
We are unfortunately, for hygienic reasons unable to take back any item that has had water through it.
We normally test within 10 working days from receipt of the returned product/goods, we will either:
a) Repair, normally within a further 3 working days.
b) Replace. A 'like for like' replacement will be sent out at our cost and this will normally be dispatched within 3 working days.
c) Refund. Normally within 3 working days.
We ask that all returns are repacked in the original packaging in a resalable condition.
Some returned items may be subject to a restocking charge of up to 50%.
Some 'special order' items are non-returnable. Please see list in section 17.
Due to the nature of the goods we are unable to accept returns of any chemicals, for health and safety reasons or Bulbs or Lights (guts) containing Bulbs.
19. Damaged GoodsIt is very important to slowly and carefully inspect your items. No claims can be entertained for damaged or missing goods that have been signed for as received in good condition. Damaged goods should be refused and sent back to us after marking the assignment note or delivery document as DAMAGED. We should immediately be notified of missing and damaged items or goods delivered late. This must be within 72 hours of receipt. We make every effort to ensure your goods are delivered quickly and arrive in perfect condition, but we cannot be held responsible for delays or damage caused or be held liable for any consequential loss or damage.
Please be advised that should you require a leave safe option as a delivery method then we cannot be liable for any consequential loss and/or damage to your consignment.
20. Image DisclaimerPlease note all visuals, colours and finishes on our web site are generic and may differ from the actual product delivered. Should you require a specific colour/finish, please specify with the order as products change from batch to batch over time and with different suppliers. They will however, be fit for purpose. If you require an exact replacement or size please call or send in a photo, we will look to see if we can supply the exact replacement item/size.
21. Wifi CapabilityPlease note where any product offers a wifi facility, it is not the responsibility of ourselves or the manufacturer to ensure the wifi coverage at the location is sufficient to support the product.