Certikin (PU9) Concrete Underwater Light
Starting at £114.00
Certikin PU9 Underwater Pool Light
The Certikin underwater light incorporates features absent from other underwater systems. The unique Micallef fittings at the niche and deck box enable the installer to fit non-standard conduit lengths. 15m reels are available part no SPC464.
Every light comes complete with a factory fitted clear polycarbonate safety cover (PU15C). Also available in blue, red and green while stocks last, these can be purchased along with a compatible front plate to suit existing installations (PU15N). Every light comes with a finishing facia ring.
The liner/shutter version clips onto the clamp plate hiding unsightly screw heads. The concrete version is easily fitted to the niche surround and is designed to cover tiling edges. The facia rings are compatible with all Certikin underwater lights manufactured since 1968 and are available as spares for retro-fitting (Concrete SPC475; Liner SPC476).
Bulb changing is now easier than ever with combination pozidrive /slotted screw heads, locating lugs and high-tech nickel plated inserts.The niche is cleverly designed to angle the beam down by 5 degrees which means the lights can be positioned to accomplish the optimum effect in the pool without glare at the poolside.
What do you need?
New Installations - you will require the complete kit which includes the niche (the fitting that goes in the wall), the guts (the light, bulb, cable), the conduit back to the deck box (2.8m), deck box, transformer (300w 12v) and any fascia/o'ring/finishing fittings required.
Retro-fittings - It depends what you have already. If like for like you probably have the niche already in the wall and you may just want a new guts pack as you'll already have the deck box and transformer. You may also want to re-new the fascia / o'rings etc. so look at our spares diagram for more info.
- Slim light & niche
- Light internals "guts" can be installed in older style light niches
- Corrosion resistant front plate inserts made of brass / nickel
- Micallef style gland inside the niche prevents water entering the conduit
- IP68 rated built-in gland on the light housing eliminating the need for hot melt compounds
- Locating lugs and combi housing screws make bulb changing easier
- Threaded conduit fitting on back of niche to ease installation
- Clip-on faceplate on liner light to cover unsightly screws
- Easy to secure cover plates to finish off concrete pool light
- Note - Old style 3/4" BSP threaded niches are available on request (SPC455T concrete / SPC456T-liner)
- PU93H converts existing sealed beam units (PAR56) to halogen lights
- Vandal proof lens
- Each light installation should have a minimum cable run of 5 metres from transformer to deck box.
Complete kits include -
- Niche (The unit housed in the pool wall)
- Guts Pack (The complete bulb and bulb housing)
- 2.8m cable (pre attached)
- Glue on face plate