Certikin (PU9) LT White LED Underwater Light
Certikin LT PU9 White LED Underwater Lights
Certikin are the UK's number 1 in swimming pool supplies and manufacture, they have developed over the years a fantastic range of underwater swimming pool lights and this year have gone one step further in designing a fantastic new range of LED lighting!
Why LED lighting?
Installing LED lights or upgrading existing lights to LED not only saves money but also helps to reduce your carbon footprint as each light will reduce energy consumption by at least 80% compared to traditional lights. Add to this the minimum life expectancy of 100,000 hours and you'll agree, there really is no better solution for under water lighting.LT LED Light features and Benefits:
- High intensity LED lighting from Certikin - when comparing to other bulbs make sure you check the lumens as this tells you the light intensity/quality (thelower the lumens the lower the intensity)
- Environmentally friendly
- Power supply 12v
- Power consumption 45W
- 18 x 1W LED's (6 x red, green and blue) - Colour Change
- Colour Change LED 1100 lumens, White LED 1260 lumens
- IPX8 protection
- 14 modes - 7 set colours + 7 sequences
What do you need for a first time installation?
You will need the complete unit which is made up of the light & niche, transformer and deck box. If you are purchasing a single multi-colour LED light then a simple push button option is all you need (per light), however for multiple multi-colour LED lights you will require a Control Panel / Receiver and a Remote Control, (you can still have a remote control and Control panel / receiver on single installations).
What do you need if you are replacing an old standard sealed beam or Halogen light?
You will usually only require the guts pack as you should already have the correct transformer and deck box. Although in some scenarios a bulb is the only additional component required - to check please phone our helpful technical team
What's the difference - Quick Change PU6 or standard PU9?
PU9 was the original Standard Sealed Beam Underwtaer Light unit Certikin designed - it was very successful and probably the most widely installed underwater light in the UK. The PU6 has been designed and developed by Certikin to create a Quick Change model - it has a simple "easy to change / fit" system - basically no tools needed for changing the bulb which can sometime be a bit of a pain!
You will need to check your transformer:
- Retro-fitting your new LED lights from a 300w 12v light you should have an equivalent 300w 12v IP65 Trasnsformer - this will allow you have up to 12 Certikin White LED lights / 7 Certikin Colour Change LED Lights / 4 Ultra Bright LED Lights. If upgrading from a Halogen light you should have a 120VA 12v Transformer which will allow - up to 4 Certikin White LED lights / 2 Certikin Colour Change LED Lights / 1 Ultra Bright LED Lights.
- For new installations - it's up to you which transformer you purchase as it will depend on how many lights you're installing. Our Complete kits pre-made kits include as standard with a 300w 12v transformer which will allow up to 12 Certikin White LED lights / 7 Certikin Colour Change LED Lights / 4 Ultra Bright LED Lights. If you purchase a 120VA 12v Transformer this will allow up to 4 Certikin White LED lights / 2 Certikin Colour Change LED Lights / 1 Ultra Bright LED Lights.